I am number 10, which proves that it is in no particular order!
It’s January 1st, 2013, which means 2012 is officially over. That means that we can finally and assuredly post our 100 Best Things in Comedy We Were Witness To In No Particular Order in 2012 without worrying if we were going to miss a really great joke at some New Year’s Eve Party (full disclosure: we worked on New Year’s Eve instead of partying in order to get this list ready). There are some repeats because some people like Louis C.K. and Kyle Kinane are probably going to make our list for something every year, but plenty of new things that you might have overlooked here at The Comedy Bureau.
So, now enjoy our favorite comedians, albums, specials, sketches, podcasts, tweets, shows, festivals, moments, etc. from the past year.
1. Jon Dore and Rory Scovel make a tradition out of doing something amazing on Conan with their latest appearance/interruption.
2. Chris Gethard not only has one of the best shows being broadcasted despite its public access format, but he also got adopted by IFC, hitchhiked to Bonnaroo, and has kept an amazing Tumblr answering almost any question asked of him whether it be about comedy or feeling better about life in general.
3. Sarah Beattie/@nachosarah was one of our favorite Twitter accounts this year with biting self-deprecating humor “I just dropped a steak on the floor and declared that it was ground beef why the fuck am I single”
4. Modern Comedian by Scott Moran is hands down one of the best looks into the process of comedy, especially since they’re looking into the comedic processes of Kurt Braunohler, Ben Kronberg, Todd Glass, Rory Scovel, and more.
5. Todd Glass had one of the most amazing episodes of WTF! w/Marc Maron by coming out as gay as well as making his podcast The Todd Glass Show one of the funnest experiences to listen to and also had one of our favorite moments of the year with handling a heckler by saying, “I believe in you. You’re better than this.”
Also, Dorothy’s face is a butt.
Photo with 1 note
I think Chandler Parsons may have lied to the Rockets about his age.
Quote with 2 notes
If a woman has her credit card stolen, her maximum liability under federal law is $50. Yet on your theory, if she is raped, she must endure not only the trauma of assault, but also accept economic costs of potentially many thousands of dollars. Must that burden also fall on her alone? When we used to draft men into the Army, we gave them veterans’ benefits afterward. If the state now intends to conscript women into involuntary childbearing, surely those women deserve at least an equally generous deal?
Peep these pics of Marianne Sierk, Baron Vaughn, Nick Turner, Will Weldon & Dominic Dierkes at the last Picture This! and don’t miss the next one TOMORROW FOR FREE!
Check out these sweet photos from the last Picture This!, then make sure to not miss the next one TOMORROW:
Doors at 10pm. Show 10:30pm-12am. FREE
6476 Santa Monica Blvd.
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/378048652266981
Photo with 1 note
Now I just need George Clooney to compliment me on an article of clothing I’m wearing and I’m done.
don’t know how to do this in a tweet or post or whatever, you know…
honor someone who gave so much as a friend, musician, father, activist, and artist.
Approaching all with that crazy Yauch focus, drive, compassion and humor.
Happy Birthday my brother. We miss you.
Page 1 of 19